The air in the car is clean, safe for health or not is the question of many people. Should I buy an air purifier in my car? The air in a car is often mixed with many different odors: the smell of gasoline, the smell of sweat, the smell of air conditioners, cigarettes, and seats.
All of these are responsible for car sickness or many other respiratory illnesses. Therefore, creating a fresh atmosphere is essential not only for the owner but also for the occupants. Car air purifiers do this! The following article will give you some necessary information and reviews to help you choose to buy the best air purifier for the car. Let’s jump into it now!
- Top 7 Best Door Speakers for Car: Full-Range & Component (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Bluetooth Transmitters for Car (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Car Battery Chargers for Fast Charging, Flat Battery, Solar Powered & Cold Weather (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Car Owners 2021 Reviews
- #1 Best Car Air Purifier Overall: Airthereal ADH80 Car Air Purifier
- #2 Best Car Ionizer Air Purifier: Thinkga Car Ionizer Air Purifier
- #3 Best Car Air Freshener: PURGGO Car Air Freshener
- #4 Best Filtration Car Air Purifier: SimPure HC3 Car Air Purifier
- #5 Best Plug-in Air Purifier for Car: Pure Car Air Purifier
- Types of Car Air Purifier
- Features to Consider When Choosing a Car Air Purifier
- Final Words
Top 5 Best Air Purifiers for Car Owners 2021 Reviews
#1 Best Car Air Purifier Overall: Airthereal ADH80 Car Air Purifier
This device offers users a 3-stage filtering system. Indeed, the True HEPA filter will remove all tiny particles, even those with 0.3 microns. From that point, it can ensure the air quality in your car. Besides, the alert attached will notify you when you have to change the filter.
- Low power consumption
- Quiet operation
- Great customer support
- Lack UV-C filter
Airthereal ADH80 car air purifier can get the odor eliminating job done well. You will not need to worry about the batteries or noise.
#2 Best Car Ionizer Air Purifier: Thinkga Car Ionizer Air Purifier
When coming to its features, it has 2-speed levels with a compact design. You can plug it into the cigarette lighter, and it works less than 30 decibels. Thus, you will not hear any loud noise from it.
- Good value for money
- Easy to use
- The flawed design makes it not suitable for night driving
This small device is genuinely a powerful solution for car pollutants. It will refresh the air by removing dust, smoke, mold, pollen in your car very well.
#3 Best Car Air Freshener: PURGGO Car Air Freshener
The PURGGO car air freshener serves as an air purifier and air freshener, which brings clean air and fresh scents inside. It has no chemicals, no plastic, and no fragrance. Instead, it contains 100% bamboo charcoal, absorbing odors naturally.
- Eliminate odors well
- Amazing product
- Get dirty easily
PURGGO air freshener for a car can be slipped over the headrest on any seats in the car. Accordingly, it will get rid of bad odors quietly.
#4 Best Filtration Car Air Purifier: SimPure HC3 Car Air Purifier
Firstly, the air cleaning system of this purifier comes with four stages. The pre-filter is the first defense, and it will catch large particles. Then, the True HEPA filter captures small particles such as bacteria, spores, dander, and mold.
- Easy to operate
- Portable design
- Extra USB port
- Slightly high level of noise
With the powerful filtration, this car air purifier can deal with the harmful particles very well. It is recognized as an ultra-quiet car air purifier with a noise level of 50 decibels.
#5 Best Plug-in Air Purifier for Car: Pure Car Air Purifier
This device is a budget option that helps you to remove all pungent and powerful odors in your car. Its design is minimalistic and sleek with the LED light so that you will know when it works.
- Nice quality
- Easy to use
- Great work
- The battery will drain quickly if you forget to unplug
This car purifier comes with 3-in-1 features, including killing viruses, pollen, germs, eliminating allergens, bacteria, mold, and getting rid of any odors. It also has two USB 3.0 ports, making it a quick charging device.
Types of Car Air Purifier
The air ionizer is suitable for people with asthma or allergies. This type of air purifier is easy to set up, and it does not cost much fortune. But keep in mind to check its iron generating capacity.
Car air purifiers have different filters, including activated carbon filter, True HEPA filter, and pre-filter. These are three ordinary filters in eliminating viruses and removing odors. Plus, you can replace these filters or keep them permanent.
There are many types of car air fresheners such as cardboard, can, plug-in, spray, or vent clip. Each type has its brilliant pros, but they all release the scent and allow you to attach them quickly to your car.
Features to Consider When Choosing a Car Air Purifier
There are two popular filtration technologies: filter technology using a membrane filter combining Hepa and activated carbon and negative ion generation technology. Let’s compare these two technologies:
A combination of HEPA and activated carbon
- The HEPA filter can remove pollutants, particles in the air, including dust, ultrafine dust, pollen, and allergens of 0.3 microns in size. It eliminates 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
- However, the larger and thicker the filter, the more precise the filter is.
- The area in a car is relatively small, so the car air purifier’s design needs to be compact and convenient, so its filter system is usually relatively small. Because of this, the filtration effect is ineffective. The power source in a car is usually as small as about 5V, so the fan system that sucks air through the filter is often relatively weak, so the filtering effect is not fast and efficient.
Negative ion generation technology on car air purifiers
- It can be said that the negative ion generation technology in-home air purifiers are not as effective as the filter system. Still, when it comes to air filtration in cars, it overcomes the limitations of the filter.
- Car air purifiers use negative air-emitting technology to filter pollution and effectively deodorize to bring fresh air to your car’s space quickly.
Objectively assessing all devices when operating will cause noise, but not all devices will affect everyone at different levels. The device’s operation causes loud noise, it will affect the quality of rest, so every decision to choose a product must consider this noise factor.
- Top 5 Best Portable Headrest Dual DVD Players for Car (2021 Reviews)
- Top 10 Best Dash Cams for Car Equipping with GPS, Night Mode & Great Video Quality (2021 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Bass Speakers for Car: Pioneer or Kenwood (2021 Reviews)
Car air purifiers will have a noise level ranging from 18 – 50db depending on the device’s capacity and the wind mode used. With that noise level fluctuations, it is not worrying about annoying the user.
Cars have many different sizes, but the air purifier’s capacity is proportional to the air, so if your car has a large area, you buy a machine with a small capacity, leading to low cleaning efficiency.
Meanwhile, the quality of the machine is still outstanding. So what kind of car air purifier is right? The key is to match the size of your car.
You do not need to use a car air purifier that is too high-end because there will be extra features you do not need. To avoid waste, you should determine your needs to choose products with the right price.
Note for California Drivers
Since 2010, California’s Air Resources Board has created a rule for drivers not to use individual ion air purifiers while driving. They found ionic air purifiers produced ozone. If these air purifiers are used too much, they will cause large amounts of ozone that affects the environment.
Do car air purifiers really work?
The air purifier in your car cleans the air and dirt for you to stay out of your car. Besides, it also treats odors, small dust particles, and bacteria.
Which is the best car air purifier in India?
Some of the best car air purifiers you can choose from in India are Vantro Smart Car Air Purifier with HEPA & Ionizer, MOTOZOOP 2-in-1 Car Air Purifier, or PranaVital Smart Multi-functional Car Air Purifier.
Is it OK to leave the air purifier on all night?
You can use the air purifier all night. It will clean the air better than if you only use it for a few hours. The longer you turn it on, the cleaner the air.
Do cars have air purifiers?
In essence, this entirely depends on the type of car and the car manufacturer you choose. If your car does not have an air purifier, you can buy and install it.
Among many listed products above, the top pick is the Airthereal ADH80 Car Air Purifier. Its fair price, low hum, smart air quality sensor, and effectiveness make it the best all-around option.
When coming to the best functional choice, the SimPure HC3 Car Air Purifier seems to be the best one as you can make use of many functions to protect you from viruses and germs. Hopefully, you find this article useful for considering buying the best air purifier for the car!